Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a Siemens Extraklasse XLS140 washing machine. I loaded

Customer Question

I have a Siemens Extraklasse XLS140 washing machine. I loaded the machine this morning and the machine went through the 30degree programme until it got to the "softner being added" cycle. The machine then came to a halt. I managed to switch the machine off and got the washing out, put it back in again and tried to start the wash programme. This time it got as far as automatic load adjustment, then stopped. The display panel is going through the programme but the machine is not responding. What is wrong?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Has the machine stopped full or empty of water?

Does the door lock when you try a new program?

Is there a key symbol showing on the display?

If you set to spin only, what happens?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine stopped with some water in, we switched the machine to drain and some of it disappeared but not all.

Yes, the door did lock when trying a different programme.

No.

Nothing, it will not spin.

The display panel is saying one thing but the machine is doing the programme prior to what is shown on the display panel.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

If you haven't already done so, manually drain the water out and take the filter out.

Remove any debris in the filter/pump chamber and ensure the X shaped pump impellor can turn.

.

There should be a flap at the bottom front that opens to give access to the draining tube and the filter.

.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have removed tube and filter, found a very thin twig approx 5ins long, 1mm dia. Checked impeller which revolved quite freely. Will now try a small load and see what happens. Do you think this will be ok to try.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, had to go out for a while, just got back.

.

Not sure about removing the tube, hopefully you mean you drained the water out through the tube and haven't pulled it off.

.

Yes, the twig would be enough to stop it working.

.

Let me know how it goes and get back to me if you need more help.

Hope this helped

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Emptied tube as well as filter, water flowed from tube without a problem.

Tried to wash a small load in machine but the problem still remains. The machine gets as far as load adjustment then stops but the display panel carries on with the programme. I did run a programme on the machine without a load in it and it seemed to work ok until the spin function, the water drained but the drum did not spin. The display panel was ahead of what the machine was actually doing during this programme.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Is the machine stopping full of water?

If you select spin only now, what happens?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, water is still in machine but machine is not filling with water on start of programme, only a small amount.

When we select spin nothing happens.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

It won't fill if it's already got the water in.

.

If it's not draining, manually drain it again.

This time, take the laundry out.

Take the filter out.

Turn the pump impellor to ensure it's not jammed.

Put the machine on spin only.

Check to see if the pump impellor spins.

If it does, check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.

See if it's blocked there.

.

If the pump doesn't spin, then you have either a faulty pump, faulty control board or possibly both.

.