Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

wbb24756gb Keeps taking fabric softener in with pre-wash

Customer Question

wbb24756gb

Keeps taking fabric softener in with pre-wash Is the overflow blocked? How do I clean it?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, at the end of the cycle, is there any water left in any of the compartments and do they look clean?

Can you also tell me the conditioner you use and if its concentrated

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, they look clean, no water left in the compartments

various conditioners are used. All liquid. Some concentrated.

Hope that helps

Ray

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Ray

Some concentrated coditioners are very thick, even when diluted, so make sure you follow the directions exactly, as thick conditioner can often get washed straight away.

The other common problem with this type of dispenser is overfilling.

Make sure that you fill it to just BELOW the line. If it goes over the line, it will almost certainly go down straight away.

Im sure you know that the conditioner compartment is the middle of the three compartments. I only mention it as on most machines its the end one.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that. I read that in the user manual. This problem happens even when there is no conditioner in the compartment - i.e. I see water flowing into the conditioner compartment when it shouldn't. I have reduced the inflow pressure to a low level so it is not due to high pressure inflow,

My question is really, if conditioner residue has caused a problem - such as partly blocking pipes etc. - how do I clear them?

Or better still - where can I see a technical diagram of the washing machine and/or instructions on how to clean out these pipes?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Bosch dont actually make a service manual as such for these machines.

Their engineers are trained by Bosch themselves

To gaibn acces to the dispenser, the lid will need to be removed. This is held by screws at the rear of the cabinet

Rob