Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

My washing machine is leaking and the filter is stuck (only

Customer Question

My washing machine is leaking and the filter is stuck (only unscrews quarter turn then sticks). I assume debris inside is snagging the filter. On a different model I have taken panel off and unclipped the pump, but I can't see how to disassemble this m/c: Siemens iq500. What's the process.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

It's on a label in the door recess.

.

Is it leaking from the filter?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Enr: WM14S496GB/07 FD9112200980

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

I asked if it was leaking from the filter.

Can you advise where it's actually leaking from?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry - forgot that bit - difficult to tell, water appears from under machine

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

.

The fact the filter won't come out is, as you suspect, most likely due to debris jamming it.

.

Clearing the filter won't cure the leak, if the machine is actually leaking and not simply overfilled and spilled.

.

Have you drained the water out of the machine yet?

If not, you need to drain all the water out first, then remove any laundry.

.

Once empty, unplug the machine, pull it out and disconnect it from the services.

.

There's two ways to do this.

Take the dispenser drawer out and take out the lower right screw.

Take the door seal off of the front panel.

Take the screws out of the door lock.

Take the plastic cover below the front panel off.

Take the screws holding the front panel in place out.

Push the panel down and lift it off.

You now have access to the pump and filter chamber.

.

Take the wiring and hoses off.

Take the assembly out and clean it out.

Clean out the hoses.

Ensure the pump impellor can turn (take out the filter and manually turn the X shaped item.
.

Reassemble and try the machine again.

'

The alternative method is to put towels on the floor and lay the machine onto it's back, onto the towels.

.

Then, take the base plate off, it should be screwed on with torx screws.

Take the screw holding the pump in place out.

Take the pump out and filter housing out, disconnect the wiring to the pump and take the hoses off.

.

Clean all the debris out of the pump and filter housing.

Clean out the hoses.

.

Reassemble and try the machine again.

.

If all is well and no leak, it's been a spillage.

If it's still leaking, you need to take the rear panel off and watch the machine working to see where it's leaking from.

.

Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself, you'll need to get someone in to help.

.

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

whilst waiting for reply managed to get machine on side which dislodges obstruction without disassembly. one match stick one collar stiffner. will now retry

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Good luck with it.

You've been lucky laying it on it's side.

Water can get into the electronics and destroy the board, hence the reason I advise on it's back.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thanks - I'll bear that in mind next time

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.

Good luck with the appliance.

.