Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a bosch HBN9550GB/04 oven. I need to replace the hinges

Customer Question

I have a bosch HBN9550GB/04 oven. I need to replace the hinges on the main oven as it doesn't close properly.

I can fnd the hinges at espares Stock Number: ES664238.

We have removed oven door successfully. We then have undid the 6 screws at the bottom of the panel by the hinges and can lift it an inch or two but it seems to be stuck / catching / sealed at the top.

Any ideas on how to separate this door so I can change the hinges?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you look at the top of the door on the inside do you see another 2 screws there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There are no screws in the top of the door - that would have made this much easier - it seems as if it has a rubber seal or bond
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok in that case the outer door glass just lips into the door frame at the top.

What you need to do is make sure all the screws along the bottom have been removed and then start to prise the outer door away from the frame. If you have a good Stanley knife run this down the side to break the seal and it will help it come apart easy. Now it can sometimes be tight due to grease building up in there which sticks to it as well but it will come apart but just be carefully doing it and take your time. But the Stanley knife makes it a lot easyer if you have one.

But that's the way it come out prise it away from the bottom upwards and then you can pull it out from the top and access the hinges from there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The sides of the frame are completely free. The seal we are talking about is just along the top. If I cut the seal away from the glass or from the metal inner frame how will it stick back down when reassembled ? There will be nothing to hold the top or sides of the frame to the glass or front plate.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Nothing holds the side down.

On the outer part of the door glass at the top is a metal bracket which has a lip on it. This pushes into the top of the door frame.

So if the bottom and sides are free now you need to push down on the metal door glass at the top of the door and at the same time pull the door glass out from the bottom to allow the glass to slide down and out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We are still confused re sliding black inner door that houses the hinges up or down against the outer silver door with handle - it will move about 2 millimetre up and then back down but not free - any suggestions?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Its just a lip that's stopping it so you need to give it a good push and it will come out. That's all that's holding it in place im afraid.

Lay the door flat so the glass outer door is flat on the floor.
Then lift the black frame up from the bottom and give it a good push upwards to get it out from the door outer glass.