Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a double oven E No. 01140W0GB/01. Fan oven not reaching

Customer Question

I have a double oven E No. 01140W0GB/01.

Fan oven not reaching required temperature so have replaced thermostat and probe assembly. Nothing else touched. Now no fan or conventional oven operation and small indicator lights nor inside oven light come on. Now replaced thermostat etc. with old unit but still neither oven works. Power supply OK as clock/timer works. Cannot see any disrupted, disconnected or broken wires. All ideas gratefully received. Many thanks

Trevor Trivett [email protected]
01295 811773
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Have you set the clock so it's not on auto?

.

Can you check the E-Nr number? the one you've posted isn't a valid one.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Apologies, the E No. Begins with U and not 0 otherwise numbers are as given.

Forgot about the clock, have set that and it works but small indicator lights above switches still do not come on.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately there's no user manual online for this number so I can't look to see what the lights are.

.

Is it all of the lights that don't work?

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
None of the three small indicator lights above the three control knobs will light. The main function lights (fan oven, conventional oven, grill) to the top left do light up.

However, there is no sign of any lamps or wires behind these three small lights so how they worked is a mystery - all I know is that they did!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, that's no possible.

There's no lighting in that part of the appliance.

I'm looking at the exploded view and there's nothing there.

.

The only lights are the columns of lights on the left of the display, by the timer.

.

I would suggest you check that everything else is working ok.

.

You've checked yourself and there's no lights and more importantly, no wiring for any lights.

.

Check your temperature light comes on and goes off when it should.

If it does, you've sorted out your machine.

.

Let me know what you find.

.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Understand about the lights.

The fan oven gets to 180c when measured with an independent thermometer yet temp is set at max, ie -200C.
My expert tells me that this will still not cook cakes and pastry properly. With new thermostat fitted its still very similar to how it used to be. She insists we have a naff Neff!
I've run out of ideas because even a new element would be controlled by the same thermostat wouldn't it.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Your thermostat will have a +/- tolerance of 10 %

.

I'm afraid you're correct, a new element is controlled by the thermostat so wouldn't make any difference.

.

How old is the oven?

Put your oven thermostat at the top rear, as high as you can get it and check the temperature again.

.