Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My cooker hood DI 9814M (p/no 942 122 371) has a failed fuse

Customer Question

My cooker hood DI 9814M (p/no 942 122 371) has a failed fuse (p/no E.T4AH250VP) in the electronics module for which I need a replacement fuse, preferrably of the same type. The fuse is 20mm x 5mm ceramic type with endcaps. I have failed to locate this model of fuse on the AEG lists of available parts, via the internet, or from any other source. Can you advise me where I may obtain a small quantity of them or is there an equivalent that I may obtain and use? I believe the fuse is an electronic, slow blow model. The service engineer I called out declared the hood beyond economic repair without even opening the electronic module cover ! I can find no other fault but the blown fuse which might have failed co-incident with the lighting transformer for which I now have a replacement unit. To give you confidence that I might be reasonably competent I was an aircraft electronics technician in a former life before I retired. With thanks, XXXXX XXXXX email :[email protected]

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Am I correct in thinking that this is an inline fuse that is soldered onto the board, rather than into a clip in frame type fuse?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it is not a soldered in-line fuse. I stated that it is a 20mm x 5mm ceramic fuse with endcaps. It clips into a fuse holder making contact by

the endcaps.

I notice your company is registered in the USA. Are you based in England with local English knowledge ?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hello Len

I am actually in Spain, but from London, so have over 30 years experience, particularly with AEG appliances.

I understand about the end caps, but sometimes on these boards, the fuse is soldered in, so I needed to be sure.

The fuse is available here. Just click on the word in blue.
You can order it there.

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob