Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

How do you replace the drain hose on a Bosch SGS45E02GB/45

Customer Question

How do you replace the drain hose on a Bosch SGS45E02GB/45 dishwasher? I have the genuine Bosch replacement hose.

I know that you have to access the hose through the left hand side panel and have removed the 2 screws behind the door that holds the front of the panel but cannot see how to take of the top to allow the panel to come off. I can see the hose behind the panel and there is a black rubber sleeve. Is it just a push fit?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Unplug the appliance.

Take the top and side panels off.

.

Put towels down and take the large plastic tank on the left side off so you can disconnect the drain hose from it.

.

Disconnect the drain hose.

Take the clip holding the drain hose in place out.

Pull out the old drain hose.

Feed in the new one.

Attach it to the tank and refit the tank.

.

Refit the clip to the hose.

.

Reassemble and try the machine again.

.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You answer did not really help as it gave no information about how to remove either the top or the side panel. Both of which were necessary to access the connection to the tank.

To say "pull out the old hose and feed in the new one" does not really answer any of the technical issues involved in accessing the unit.

Information about how to remove the top by pressing up the clips at the rear and then to remove the side panel by removing the 2 screws at the front of the panel hidden behind the door should have been given as once access to the hose and tank is achieved it is fairly easy to see how to replace the hose.

I persevered and have managed to fit the hose wothout hopefully damaging the machine.