Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My lg tv has a built in timer so I dont need a freeview recorder

Customer Question

My lg tv has a built in timer so I don't need a freeview recorder I need some sort of storage device to hold the programs I wants to recored but not sure which I need and want to be able to record and watch different programs at the same time.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Good morning,
What you will need is only a DVR, digital video recorder.
It will accept the programs and times, and automatically record the programs you select:-)
The timer in the TV, will not set for recording it only will turn the TV on and off.
With the DVR, you don't even need to have the TV turned on as the DVR has its own tuner inside;-) When you say an external HD? Were you speaking of a DVR? I don't think so...
I will help you locate a good one and help you with the easy connections. But Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael