Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Faulty aga. Problems maintaining temperature range

Customer Question

I have a second hand electric aga. Every time I use the roasting oven the temperature drops from 230 to 190 within 5 mins. Should this happen? I have had and used a gas aga for years and never had this problem.
Sarah
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for trusting your technical issue with Just Answer Pearl!
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
I have some questions for you in order to assist you the best way possible.
Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues:-)

The answer to your question is no it shouldn't drop that much at all.
What you need to fix this is a new thermal probe , it is the part that keeps track of the ovens temp and adjusts it accordingly:-)
It is easy to replace and I will help you with do this as well.
The information you require is listed below, and I will stick with you through this repair until it is complete but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

You can get that part in the UK from this site, but its best to call I have included their phone # XXXXX you as well;-)

https://www.aga-spares.co.uk/

Phone #: Call us on: 01902 790 900