Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

This question has been submitted to you this evening I set

This question has been submitted to you this evening 'I set my machine on the gentle dry cycle for 40 minutes and the machine stopped working and registered E13 and didn't finish the cycle'. Daniel replied and suggested I remove the plate at the bottom of the machine and check the filter. Nothing was stuck in it so I reassembled and wondered if there was a blockage in the pipe from the sink. I just ran some water down the sink and wiggled the pipe. I turned the machine on again and was able to set the time for 20 minutes on gentle dry and the clock counted down to less than a minute but didn't register 'end' but I heard a click and was able to remove the washing. I thought I would try a fluff clean and shut the door and the machine then flashed up E13 again and I cannot open the door when the machine is in the off position.
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok sometimes a blocked filter can cause that. But the E13 error code is something to do with the heating side of it.

Take the top off and look at the top of the door seal and on some models theres a NTC (temperature sensor) in there. Check the wires to it and make sure its not lose orbroke off.

If that's fine then remove the control board and inspect the board and see if theres a dry joint on there. If so try and resolder it and see how it goes from there.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the help you have given me. My machine is built in under a worktop unit, so therefore I am unable to take the top off without, apparently, pulling the machine out. As I am 80 and very fit I feel I cannot go further with your recommendations. According to my neighbour, who also has a NEFF machine, she has a little lever by which she can open the door in an emergency. Does my machine have such a switch?