Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have an error 15 showing on our neff dishwasher,there is

Customer Question

We have an error 15 showing on our neff dishwasher,there is also a lit tap sign,
When we switch the machine on the pump carries on working even with the door open,
We have cleaned out the filters on the incoming water & cleaned out the discharge pipe,
Other than that we have no idea what error 15 is.

regards XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hi John
Can you pour a bowl of water into the machine and turn it on please.
Wait a few moments then tell me what has happened to the water.
Also, is this fully built in, or can you pull the machine forward?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried that the pump clearsthe water,then stops making the noise.

it is built in.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John
Great, thanks

It sounds like the machine has water in the base, where the pumps are.

This sets the flood guard and the discharge pump will run continuously in an effort to protect the electrics in the base.
Turn off the electric.
Remove the lower kick panel, below the main door.

Look in there and yu will see water raising a float.

CAREFULLY dry up this water

The machine should now be reset.
If this re occurs you have a leak and will need to find it and rectify it .

If you need more help, please just ask.

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Rob.

Did what you said & it worked,left the dish washer on & went back to work,got in an hour ago & it had stoped at 17 minutes,tried to set it off three times since it runs for a few minutes & stops again on flashing17

then reveting to the number i had set it on.

regards John Grindey

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

Is the pump still running like before?
What is it actually doing when this new fault occurs

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is making a similar noise,but only for a few minutes then goes quiet,a few minutes latter it finishes,when you open it its flashes 17 then reverts back to the program we had set.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
OK
E17 is indicating an overfilling situation.
If this was occuring previously, but for some reason not being reported, this may well be the reason why there was water in the base previously, and why you then got the E15 error.

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it just shows 17 mins not e17 just tried again it ran for a few minutes on opening the door it flashed 17mins then reverted to 235 the program we had set

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Sorry, I mis understood

When it stops then showing 17, what was the machine just trying to do?
Was there water still in there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no water inside tried 29 min program only lasted 2mins then bleeped

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

Im sorry, I dont think its going to be possible to diagnose this one remotely.
The machine is not showing an error code, yet its failing. This may be the main control board not registering a fault, but I would want to be certain of that before suggesting a replacement of the part as its so expensive.

I think you will have to have a hands on diagnosis of this

Sorry
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for the help anyway

john

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi John
your welcome

Rob