Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Fridge Freezer Inox E402BSX has worked perfectly for the

My Fridge Freezer Inox E402BSX has worked perfectly for the last 10 years is now freeezing the contents of the vegetable compartment and bottom shelf of door where milk is stored. This started a few days ago qhile I was away causing continual beepin from the appliance and now will start beeping overnight. The freezer and the rest of the fridge is working normally
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Do you have a multimeter so you can test the sensors in there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I do not know what a multimeter is or where sensors are

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its freezeing inside the fridge section then its usually down to either a faulty sensor or the control board.

If you can get someone with a multimeter and knows how to use it they can check the sensors from the back.

Look in the back in the bottom left and you will see the control board.

Remove this and look along the top at the wiring and on the board it will say sensors on it. Its a block with 6 wires on it. They will be 3 different colours. Test each set of colour wires for resistance they should be about 7 Kohms If any are faulty then that sensor will need to be replaced.

But if they are fine then the control board is more then likely the fault.

So if you can get someone to check it and it is a sensor just let me know what colour it is and I can advise which sensor.

But im afraid without a meter you wont be able to find the cause of the fault sorry.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So how do I find someone who is capable of dealing with Fisher & Paykel fridges

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Were abouts in the UK are you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am between Hailsham and Heathfield in East Sussex

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok I don't know the name or your local F+P agent for your area as im up in the northwest.

But give Fisher and Paykel service a ring and they will give you your local agent details there number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN

There charge is £85 roughly plus parts which to be honest parts on these are that expensive compared to other brands. A sensor is about £20 and the control board is about £70.

So at least getting F+P out direct they should sort it for you first time as not all local repair companys fix these as they are a bit harder to fix if you don't know them. So in the long run it will be cheaper to get F+P in direct.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much I will try them tomorow

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

No worries they will sort it out for you.