Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Dear sir, I have a problem with my Zanussi oven. Model ZOD690

Customer Question

Dear sir, I have a problem with my Zanussi oven. Model ZOD690 A built in double oven.
The top oven and grill does not function, the display just shows a symbol that looks like a
temperature stick with a lead on it and shows 30C.
I have checked the manual but this symbol does not appear
anywhere. Please could you tell me the problem and if the oven needs a part.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

That light is for the meat probe but this model shows it as not having the meat probe.

Is the main oven working ok still?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Daniel, yes it is a zod690. Yes main oven working fine.

Any answers?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok that light you see is under the temperature bar is for the meat probe. As on some models you can have a probe which plugs into a socket inside the oven so you can test the temperature of food in the oven.

Now these boards are used on several different models so as that light is coming on your model its proberly a fault on the power board itself which is causing this.

As a componment for the meat probe on the board may have failed causing this light to come on when it shouldn't.

What you can try is pull the oven out and turn the power off and remove the top.

There you will see the main power board. Pull the wiring blocks off one at a time and refit them.

Then leave the power off for about 2 hours and see if this resets the electronics in there.

Then turn it back on and set the clock and see how it goes from there. If still the same then its proberly a fault on the board which will need to be replaced. But theres 2 boards in there the main board and the display board which you see on the front. So it could be either of them.

I think for the fault you have its more then likely the main board but its a case of fitting it to see im afraid as theres no test you can do on this sorry.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.