bryanpaul52
bryanpaul52, Customer Service
Experience:  Appliance Tech
10522817

did an over night wash heard a trickel of water this morning

Customer Question

did an over night wash heard a trickel of water this morning switched the dishwasher off & opened it to find the bottom full of water cant find my booklet the filter was clean dont know how to empty the water out
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

To drain the machine, start the rinse and hold programme.

This is the one you use to just do a cold rinse inbetween doing the main wash.

The machine will first empty. Then fill and do a cold rinse, then finally empty again

If you need more help, please just ask.

In the meantime, please tae a moment to rate my response. Please remember you are rating me, not the website or the issues you have with the dishwasher

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

operated pre rinse as suggested m/c partially drained but not completely still left water in base to level of door with door open manually lifted half tennis ball valve on base of m/c - m/c drained whilst holding valve up.

repeated pre rinse m/c empted after rinse but still left approx 1" water in m/c untill ball manually lifted again when it drained completely so it appears original fault still exixts

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ann

I'm not sure it is the same.

The original fault was that it filled by itself

It now seems to not empty fully.

We need to empty the machine completely first, use a cup to emty the water to just below the filter.

Then start the rinse.

Youll hear it fill, stop, rinse, then empty.

Tell me if you heard all these steps and if any water is left

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

original fault was not filling on its own - fault was m/c still had 1" of water in the base. when attempting next use of m/c (presumably 1" of water was still in bottom of m/c) it started filling & leaked out of the door. Then we co ntacted you

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Im sorry Ann,

I misunderstood when you originally said that you heard a trickle of water. I understood that to mean that water was entering the machine, not that it had not emptied.

Are you able to do the test I asked re emptying?

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes in pre rinse mode it went through the cycle of fill rinse & drain - infact we did it several times. each time when draining we observed full flow out of the external drain but on completion we opened the door & there was still appro 1" depth of water in the m/c - the only way to make it drain completly was by lifting the1/2 tennis ball valve

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi |Ann

Im going to opt out and see if someone else has seen this issue.

If they have, they will respond to you and you will get a message from the site.

In the meantime, please do not rate or respond to this message as this will lock your question

Rob

Expert:  bryanpaul52 replied 3 years ago.
let me see If I can pull up the tech sheets on this. I'll be back shortly. thanks , Bryan
I'm sorry I need the model number to look this up. Do you have that ?