Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hello, Ive just inherited a Bosch dishwasher thats a few

I've just inherited a Bosch dishwasher that's a few years old. To plumb it in I need the inlet hose on the rear to rotate 180 degrees to exit and angle left rather than to the right as it currently does. However, the white fixing will not budge, I expected it to be screwed on by hand but it will not shift at all. Is there an alternate solution?

Any help appreciated.

A
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Is it possible for you to upload a picture of this fitting, as it depends on model.
You can use the paper clip icon above the reply box.

Presumably, if you allow it to go to the right, its then not long enough to reach the pipe?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,

I can't see any paper clip icon, is there another way to send you a photo? You're correct in saying the fixings are to the left of the machine and as the hose isn't hugely flexible it arcs in a half metre circle to try and head left meaning it doesn't reach.

Aaron

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi AAron

If you are on a tablet, the icons dont always show, sorry.
You can send the picture to a file sharing site then send me the link

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Rob,

Can you try Wikileaks.com, file 712616.

Let me know if that works...

Aaron
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi AAron
Sorry, no good.

My guess is that this is a fixed hose and it cant be moved.
In that case the easiest thing is to buy a straight through connector and another inlet hose.

The inlet hoses are standard, just different lengths. The connector is a plastic iece which joins two inlet hoses together. This way, you can loop the hose round and back to the left.

The parts are inexpensive and available from any plumbers merchant or a good DIY store

If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob