Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a HOOVER HD95m dish washer. the fault is the water

Customer Question

I have a HOOVER HD95m dish washer.
the fault is the water is not heating up I have changed the heating element but this wsnt the fault, can you help
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thank you for trusting your technical issue with Just Answer Pearl!
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
I have some questions for you in order to assist you the best way possible.
Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues:-)

How old is your dishwasher?
Also do you have a multi meter?
Tech Michae
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the dish washer is 11 years old, and yes i do have a multi meter.

My back ground is in electrical and electronics if that will help with faulting.

malcolm

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Malcolm,
The problem is likely a bad thermostat, follow the wires from the heating element you will see that at least one runs to the t stat.
let me know if you find this part, then you can test it to see for sure that the power is stopping there, they do fail a lot, lol ;-)
I will stick with you until we have this ironed out but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok michael, is this T stat the part that is held in by a spring clip that is held in position by the same screw and nut that holds the eliment in place, the clip that falls off when attempting to remove the element. lol

I will check this out but i cant do this for a few days as its at my daughters house a few miles from me so would have to go there monday at some time. If you can confirm the T stat is the part i suggested this will help me, I will test it when cold as it should show continuity, From memory it has 4 connections on it. Still i will contact you when i have looked at it

regards XXXXX XXXXX thanks for your help

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Malcolm,
You nee to use a multi meter to test this but in all my years as a Tech when you have gone this far it will be the T stat at fault.
I would simply replace that as well and you shouldn't be fine;-)
Do you need a souce for theat part?
I will stick with you unitl this is fixed but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
Tech Michael

Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael,

I will check it out but what you say sounds logical so will get a replacement part, I will use the same company that i used to get the heater element. I Will take a picture of the under side of the machine so if needs be i can send it to you, to help me.

I will be in contact again on monday

regards Malcom

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hey Malcolm, yes you can send me a pic on here:-)
I will be here and we will get this fixed no worries. But since it will take some time, please rate favorably so I can set up free followups with you.
That makes it so we never lose contact and we can go back and forth until this is fixed at no additional cost you;-)
Have a great evening.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tested the stat and it tests O/C so have ordered a replacement.

will this fault stay open till it comes and i have fitted it ?

malcolm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Micheal, have fitted the new stat sadly this wasnt the problem either altho i thourght it tested O/c any ideas would be appreciated

malcolm