Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Hello We have a Hotpoint Aqarius FDL570 It is not rinsing

We have a Hotpoint Aqarius FDL570 It is not rinsing or drying and not always taking the soap tablet out of the tray. There is a red light that has come on under the warning that I thinks means it need more salt. The sign aboe the red light is a x (it does this every now and again and sometimes just putting it on a different programme seems to resolve it, but not this time). I have tried cleaning out the filter and putting in salt and rinse aid but nothing seems to work this time. Can you help?
Jessica Waterlow
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome Jessica, and thank you for trusting your technical issue with Just Answer Pearl!
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
I have some questions for you in order to assist you the best way possible.
Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues:-)
How old is your dishwasher?
Also can you check to see if the water in the dishwasher gets hot?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The answers are that the machine is old (we don't know how old) and the water is very hot.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Jessica,
Sorry for the delay with this the problem is your drain pump is failing.
I can assist you with replacing that part and also give you a good source for that if you would like?
Its easy to replace and I will work with you on this until this is fixed:-) Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Thank you Jessica.
Tech Michael