Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

The door on the main oven of my Rangemaster Toledo range has

The door on the main oven of my Rangemaster Toledo range has been difficult to shut for a while. I am unsure how to adjust it. This has also led to the oven closing catch becoming lose and I have no idea how to tighten it up. When I have tried to tighten the nut it just turns loosely round and makes no difference. Any advice on both issues?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Michael :

Welcome and thank you for trusting your technical issue with Just Answer Pearl!

I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.

I have some questions for you in order to assist you the best way possible.

Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues:-)

Michael :

May I have the model #?

Michael :

are you there?

Michael :

I will switch us to Q & A it works better:-)

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Michael : May I have the model #?
Also how old is the unit?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The request for information has only just come thru! Sorry for the delay. The model is a toledo 90 dual fuel and the instructions have the code U102260-07 on the front. Does this help?

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Nicola,
Please explain how the door seems out of adjustment?
Does in not close all the way?
Also how old is the oven?
Thank you XXXXX

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The oven door needed a bit of a bang to shut it - although it then seemed to close OK. But something must have been wrong as the closing catch has now come loose. The range is about 5 years old.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Nicola,

Unfortunately the doors hinges need to be replaced on this model to fix this problem.
I will assist you with the repair:-)
Below is a link to a video about how to remove the door. I would wait til you have the new hinges before removing the door.
The information you need is listed below, I will stick with you until this is fixed but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Thank you and have a great day Nicola!
Tech Michael

Please call Rangemaster for the hinges.
Order by Phone: 0844 55 72 510

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Michael

I don't think you included the link to the video. Does this also cover how to fix or replace the door catch? Or could you give me some separate advice on this?

Many thanks.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nicola,
the catch likely gt bent and will also need to be replaced.
I would order that as well.
As for the video, for some reason it has been removed by Rangemaster? But the parts will come with instructions and of course I will still be with you on this:-)
Once you rate, I will be able to set up the free follow ups with you and that will lock us in.
Its all pretty easy to do and I will work with you.
Thank you Nicola.
Tech Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience: I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.