Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Creda 9.5 kw shower not getting hot lights on shower boxface

Customer Question

Creda 9.5 kw shower not getting hot lights on shower boxface are lit up on overheat and power and shower is cold
Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
Is it old, it sounds like the heating element has failed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its 2 to 3 years old at most

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Creda 9.5 shower a year and half old has stopped getting hot . when shower is switched on the water is cold . the lights on face of shower box are lit on power and over heat yesterday the same lights were lit water was fluctuating between boiling and cold
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The shower is less than 15 months old . To be more specific on the 28th nov shower working fine on the 29 th nov it started to show the overheat alert the water was flowing from scalding to cold in the space of 30seconds on the 30th nov overheat alert was lit water flowed cold at that point I contacted your page .I am a carpenter by trade so I am not wbat you would call a lay person I would not have expected the part you highlighted to be defective so soon after purchase I stated yesterday it was 2 to 3 years old I was mistaken also offered the question to all engineers but I had no reply and had to pay 11 pound for your anser could you revisit the new updated question and send a reply asap thanks

Reading the reviews they suffer from overheating problems when the water flow rate is slow. Are you able to turn the temperature down or water flow rate up to keep it from overheating?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have cleaned showerhead hose was twisted untwisted to give max flow turned shower temp down still no joy Overheat light still on shower water cold .reading installation user guide it mentions how the thermal cutout switch works also says it resets it self. Followed all the prompts for trouble shooting no joy .I have not checked circuit through microswitch on pressure switch or element circuit .I can check tightness of electrical connections is it the case a part needs replacing if so what part ... thanks

The overheat stat is self resetting (or should be) Are you able to check it for continuity with the power off?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do I do that do I need a meter or do I check it another way

A multimeter if you can get one, the overheat stat is a thermal trip, but should reset.
We need to find out if it is allowing power through it