Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

We have a Neff S5443X1GB/13 dishwasher which is around 12 years

We have a Neff S5443X1GB/13 dishwasher which is around 12 years old and are using mainly the 65deg C normal cycle. Recently we are having an intermittent problem as to when the detergent compartment opens. Is there any test cycle to check the operation of this compartment? Or at what time in the run cycle does the detergent compartment open?
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

The dispenser flap will open during beginning of the main wash cycle.

Can you tell me does the latch or the flap feel stiff when you open it manually?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When you press the button you heard the unlatch but you need to assist the opening of the flap.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul
Thats great, thanks

Over time these do get stiff and can fail to open correctly.

The answer is to replace the dispenser.

Unfortunately, being Neff, the part is not cheap, but certainly a lot cheaper than a new machine.

Please see here for the part, just click the word in blue.
There is a video at the bottom of the page which shows you how to do the job. Its not exactly the same as yours, but the principle is the same.

If you need more help, please just ask me.
In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob,

At what time in the cycle does the main wash start?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
It all depends on the wash cycle chosen.

In esscence though, select a cycle and start, the machine drains for about 40 seconds, then stops. It then fills , stops and then starts to wash. This is the main wash, unless you have chosen the heavy cycle with a prewash. Once it strat to wash the flap should open within a few minutes.

None of these things are "timed" as such, as there are so many variables such as speed of emptying, pressure of water, temperature of water etc.

Rob