Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hello, got a Bosch 1400 waa281670, bought 2 years ago, cant

Hello, got a Bosch 1400 waa281670, bought 2 years ago, can't find anything online specifically about it.

Moved into new house. Plumber it in. Water was off to it to begin with. Started it, made a pop. Couldn't see why. Realised water was off. Turned it on. Since then it just doesn't seem right. We've got it moving now, doesn't fill with water though. Makes a noise like a pump doing something but nothing happens. Is there a motor that lets water it that could have broke? Any advice on what to do to work out what's wrong with it?

Regards. Dan
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Hi Dann
Open the door and on the data plate there, can you get the full model number please, the one you posted is not correct.

Is this cold fill only?
If so, with the water turned on, select a new cycle and turn it on. Tell me exactly what it does, do you hear water or see the drum turn etc?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Howdy rob.

Cheers XXXXX XXXXX response. Opened door. On the inside is the code...

E-NR:WAA28167GB/29
FD9011 101036

Yes it's cold feed only. What cycle shall I put it on?

I just finished a rinse.

When I did this it...

Made a noise, which sounded similar, like a motor whirring, but nothing happened. After a minute or so it began to turn, as if water should be in. It did this for a while then spun, relaxed, the spun some more then stopped. Then the door clicked and it was unlocked.

Do you want me to try another cycle? If so which one and should I try it with something like a bed sheet in so it's not empty?

Daniel
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel

Thats a better number , thanks.
WAA28167GB/29 is the model number
OK, no need to put anything in the machine.
Select 30 deg cotton wash. Close the door and press the start button
Im assuming there is no water in the tub, and the water supply is turned on.

Tell me what happens, also is the door locked or just closed?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok.

Click went the door
Wash light is solid
Nothing happened yet
1 minute gone
3 min gone
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
OK

Turn off the machine and the water.
Undo the inlet hose at the back of the machine.,

Put the hose in a bucket and turn the water back on.
Do you have a good strong pressure of water?

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's just started making a noise as I walked up to it. A motor whiting. Nothing else happening though. I will stop it and do about previous message.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

OK

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hahaha. Ok. So I was soooo sure I had checked this.... But.... The easer was off. So, it's on now and Ive put it on rinse again hey presto....we have a working machine. I will wait for this to finish and then try a full wash! anything else you think I need to be aware of or look at?

thanks rob.

Dan

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dan

Well done
Thanks for letting me know.
No, I think all should now be OK

Any problems let me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
If you need to ask me anything after rating, please just follow the link in the welcome email
Rob