Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

when i turn on the power two temperature lights light up &

when i turn on the power two temperature lights light up & i am unable to turn on the d/waher
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DWI 643

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok so whats lit up on the display panel?

Have you tried resetting it by holding the start button in for a few seconds?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

both the 30 and 60 degree are light - yes tried resetting by this method

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok lets try a test cycle and see what happens. This may clear it. let me know what happens

In order to enter the functional test mode, while the dishwasher is switched off press the start/stop and program selection buttons together and hold them while powering up the dishwasher, keep holding the buttons for 3 seconds.

All of the indicators light on for 2 seconds after entering the test mode.

Program indicator lights will flash if there are any faults held within the memory of the control system.

After entering the test mode, start the program by pressing the "start/stop" button.

Short program follows the steps below:

1

Drain out functional testApproximately 30 seconds

2

Water fill functional testApproximately 4 litres

3

Water circulation, heating and detergent functional testApproximately 60 seconds

4

Water circulation and heating functional testApproximately 2 minutes

5

6

Water regeneration functional testApproximately 60 seconds

7

Water inlet and draining to clear resin containerApproximately 3 litres

8

Drain out functional test

Approximately 30 seconds

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi

have tried this twice ie holding down the two buttons and then turning on the power. All the lights flash and the on/off button lights up and the DW comes on. However, when it finishes the cycle & i turn the power off and put back on the two lights on the 35 & 65 come on at the same time prohibiting me to turn on the on/off button Cry

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok so it actually did complete a test cycle ok did it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the crockery was wet and clean'ish

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 years ago.

Ok if it complete a test cycle ok but wont clear the lights and start another then its going to be an electronic control fault.

On these theres 2 boards the main board and the user board which you press.

If you remove the wooden door and take the plastic control panel off you will see 2 control board. Now it could be either of these at fault as theres no way of testing them.

But ive replaced quite a lot of the display boards on these in the past for faults like this. But like I said it could be either of them at fault.

The good think with these Bekos is the parts are quite cheap on these.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.