Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My hotpoint WD420 Aquarius is not working since I pressed the

Customer Question

My hotpoint WD420 Aquarius is not working since I pressed the "start cycle" button yesterday, I think I must have pressed it too hard. I am pretty clueless when it comes to these things. It still has power, but that button doesn't seem to work. When I switch it on, the "dry" light flashes but none of the others. I tried taking the top off, but though there are screws at the back I can't see how to remove it at the front without forcing anything. Do you think I need to get some parts replaced, or is this a simple job to fix? Any help gratefully received - please remember you are talking to a simpleton when it comes to plumbing! Thanks, Beth.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
When you press the start button, does it click? (you should feel a click rather than hear one).
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It does click, though something feels off - I think it is further in to start with than it used to be.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK thanks for that.
.
To check the board, you unplug the machine and take the top off.
Look closely at the board and you'll see it's simply clipped into the front panel.
.
Press the start button and watch the board while you do so, if you've broken the clips the board will move inward.
Does it do this?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks - I was having difficulty taking the top off, as I managed to unscrew it at the back fine, but the front appears to be fixed on. I didn't want to break it. Any ideas?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Take the screws out.
Smack the front corners of the lid with the palms of your hands.
It can take quite a violent smack to get the lid to move rearward.
Than, lift it off.
.
thanks