Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I fit the door of a hotpoint ultimata 1200 to a new

How do I fit the door of a hotpoint ultimata 1200 to a new metal hinge ? It seems impossible to fit the plastic door frame to the fixed metal hinge...! Thank you
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Can you post the model number please it usually starts with an W.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WD71 ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok what you need to do is lay the door down flat and remove the screws on the inside of the door. Usually about 5 screws.

Then get a thin screwdriver and insert it between the door rims and you need to prise the inner part and outer apart.

Then you will see the square plastic hinge bearings were the hinge goes Prise these out and then fit them onto the new hinge and pop it back onto the door.

Then refit the rims and screw them back up.

Click here to see a clip on how to replace the hinge.

Different model but still the same way the hinge is held in.

Now im taking it the old hinge is still on the washer.

You need to undo the small plastic clamp at the top of the door seal and remove the metal clamp.

Then un lip the seal.

Then reach behind the door hinge and hold that metal plate and unscrew the old hinge off.

Keep that metal plate in place otherwise it will fall.

Pop the door back onto the washer and hold the plate still and screw the new hinge back on. You need an extra pair of hands for that part.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks but the hinge holders are fixed & don't fold out
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

They are just pushed down onto the plastic lugs of the door.

Get a flat screwdriver under one and wiggle it up and it will come off the lug of the door rim.