hvacguy17
hvacguy17, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15+ years of appliance service
63955563

Hi my Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine/dryer keeps coming

Hi my Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine/dryer keeps coming up with the error message F 05. What does this mean? My machine is full of water.
Expert:  hvacguy17 replied 3 years ago.
Unplug the unit for 2 minutes, then plug back in and see if the error clears and will drain. If not, the F05 code stand for a drain error. This means either the drain hose, or drain is blocked, your filter is plugged, or the pump is faulty, not getting voltage to it, or something is in the pump locking it up. You will need to check all these things to find the solution to the problem. If you feel that this is more than you want to tackle, then you may want to hire a tech for this. I hope this has assisted you on your question. Please leave a positive rating if I was able to do so. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX wish you well.