Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

De Dietrich Steamer Type DOV499XE11 built-in unit does not

Customer Question

De Dietrich Steamer Type DOV499XE11 built-in unit does not work power available at rear of units, Microwave above this unit works, purchased about 2006. Screen display on steamer is blank.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
How is the machine connected to the supply?
Do you have, and can you use, a multimeter?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i can use a multimeter, the power supply is via a switch fuse unit at high level rear, fuse is good but owing to the difficulty of installation and short wiring, not mine,I cannot definitively check the the incoming supply on the back of the switch fuse .The incoming supply also feeds the microwave which is sited immediately above the steamer in a built in assembly.The switch fuse sits alongside the microwave supply switch. As the Microwave is working the supply is available at the rear of the switches at high level,but not necessarily at the immediate rear of the switch fuse unit neither supply or output sides of theswitch fuse unit cannot be definitively checked.

Is there a way of releasing the control panel assembly at the front of the units so that it can drop down and perhaps I could pickup the supply there?

Cheers Ian

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, but you really need to get to the rear of the unit.
I don't know how your installation is but I've had to remove the microwave above a unit I went to so I could get to the wiring to be able to release the steam oven.

It sounds like your installation is as bad as the one I attended.

You can't take the front off without having the machine out.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again
See if anyone has a "trick" that would allow the front to come off.

Sorry
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam