Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My refrigerator doesnt seem to be working, food and milk are

Customer Question

My refrigerator doesn't seem to be working, food and milk are going off in it. The fridge is just over 12months old, what can I do or who do I call?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Can you post the model number please?
At the bottom rear is the compressor.
Is it running?
If it is, is it hot?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The compressor isn't running where doI find the model no?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
It's on a label inside the fridge.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model number is RR82PRRS
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
.
This shows as a larder fridge.
Do you have the water dispenser?
.
The controls are electronic, are they showing as they should be?
Unplug the appliance for 10 minutes, plug in again.
Does it start running?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes we have a water dispenser. We have hadit unplugged for about 45mins and the temp reads 9.c. My husband has just moved the fridge back into place after looking for the model number and something has just started up but the temp hasn't started going down yet, it I saloon power cool.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If the compressor is running, give it time and see what happens.
Let me know if it gets cold and if it restarts after the compressor stops.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok will do
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Thanks, it will take a while to get to temperature (if it's the compressor running).
We need to see what happens once it's cold, the compressor stops, and when it begins to warm up inside.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The motor sounds as if it is kicking in but the temp still reads 9.C that has remained the same don't know if we have to reset it. My husband says he thinks the fridge feels a bit cooler I'm not to sure about that, the food is still soft inside eg cheese, cheesecake butter all still to soft
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Try changing the temperature.
Normally, it shows the temperature you are asking the machine to achieve.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My husband has changed the temp on the door, just waiting for any changes.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
No problem, just post when you can.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi just came back from my appointment and the door temp still reads 9.C surely it should of come down some by now?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Yes, it should have.
.
Is the compressor still running?
Is it hotter?
Inside the machine, feel the rear wall, is it only cold in a small area?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The compressed is still running and is Luke warm at the vent outside the fridge. Inside the fridge the two drawers are warm the top three shelves are cool, not cold, but not as they have previously been.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The rear wall of the fridge is cooling like the shelves but no actual coals spots.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, it sounds like the evaporator is getting cold but no air is being circulated in the machine.
.
I've tried to access the technical drawings for your machine but as yet I've been unable to access them.
.
I'll opt out of the question and open it to all again, see if anyone has access to the drawings.
If I find anything, I'll opt back in and contact you.
.
Sorry, I wish I could answer. I think it's a fan problem but I need to check the technical information.
.
Good luck with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do I do now where do I go from here, do I try to find an engineer who knows Samsung Fridges, they seem very thin on the ground. Do you know of any in the Warrington Cheshire U.K. Area, but should we really be having this problem on a fridge of this age. By the way thanks for the good luck but it sounded ominouse. I hope I am wrong.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Expert:  bryanpaul52 replied 3 years ago.
can you recheck that model number ? its not coming up.