Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hello , I have a Neff built in oven model no B1451N2GB/01 which

Customer Question

Hello , I have a Neff built in oven model no B1451N2GB/01 which I have fitted a new top grill/oven element and main selector switch , resulting in the grill/oven element still not working in either mode. The question is what else could it be that is at fault. Many Thanks,
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you set it to fan assist mode will the fan inside the oven run?

Does the little light on the front panel come on when you turn the thermostat on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes both work!
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok does it get hot on fan assist mode?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you set it to conventional oven setting so it uses the outer part of the grill and the base element does this get hot?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Only the base element works.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok strange fault as its not the thermostat or the thermal cut out on the back as if they were faulty it will stop the heat on all other modes.

The timer doesn't control the top element and as you have replaced the element and selector switch it leaves nothing left. The only other thing it could be is a wiring fault.

Have you checked to see what voltage you get to the wires when the gill is selected.

Test each wire if the grill element to earth and see if the wires have 240v or not.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks will try that one out at the weekend.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries just let me know as there should be a live and neutral for it to work so if all the wires are 240v then you have lost the neutral feed to the element.