Andrew Smith
Andrew Smith, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Gas cooker specialist
46681511

Installing piping

Customer Question

I have just purchased a kenwood 5 burner range dual fuel cooker for LPG use. The quote to install 9 metre piping is frightening at £900 which is out of my budget range can you help. Calor rep has advised two 45kg bottles with changeover valve. What size and tipe of piping is suitable Then I could get Gas care engineer to commision. Where can I purchase a gas line interlock to install ready for the engineer. Help

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Hello there,

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue to find solution

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Andrew Smith replied 3 years ago.
The size of the connection on the cooker will be a good guide to the size of pipe required, this should be a 1/2" connection.
You are looking at connecting the two bottles together via a pair of pigtail hoses and a changeover valve.
From the changeover valve you are looking at running a 15mm copper pipe clipped every 1200mm and then through the wall via a 22mm hole sleeved with copper and sealed on one side with silicone.
When you come through the wall into the kitchen you then need to run along the wall to the final position as stated in the cooker hand book and terminate in a bayonet fitting.
The cooker hose MUST be designed for LPG (red stripe) and the cooker must be restrained, again as in the manufacturer's instructions for the cooker.