Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

my name isXXXXX House, Lyegrove, Badminton,

Customer Question

my name isXXXXX House, Lyegrove, Badminton, GL9 1EZ.
I set up a dialogue on thisd website yesterday but have lost the link so am responding to request for more infomation :
tHE MACINE IS A BOSCH MaXX Champion 3in1 dishwasher that has been relocated by a plumber but is not working. It has been connected to a feed from the cold water supply to the kitchen that was previously used for another make of dishwasher. The supply is fitted with an in line valve which is fully on; when I switch the power on the following lights on the control panel are illuminated, 'Ready in' , 'salt','Rinse aid'and light relating to wash selected. I selected 'Pre rinse' and set time to zero. The machine emitted a low hum and the 'Ready in' display showed 15. as the minutes reduced there were periodic clics and changes in the low hum but no sound of water entering or spraying. when the clock has fully counted down I switched off and opened the appliance but there was no sign that water had been sprayed and I assume the appliance has not functioned and is not in working order. Is my assumption correct? If not how should I check functionality? If the machine is unserviceable what should I do?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
If you pour water into the machine and start it on a program, does it pump the water away?
.
If not, take the drain hose off of the connection to the house drains.
Is there a blanking plug on the connection or in the drain hose?.
.
Have you checked water is actually getting through the fill hose when the valve is in the on position?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I poured about 3 litres into the cabinet with a saucepan , closed the door switched it on, there was a sound of water exiting the machine and on opning the cabinet water had been pumped out although there was a little showing inj the outlet sump

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, so the drainage is ok.
Have you confirmed that water actually gets through the fill hose?
Have you tried the machine on a program since manually filling it?
.
If the machine goes through the program as normal with no water, it thinks it's full.
It's very unusual for this to happen as it should stop on this fault.
.
When you run a program the drain pump starts first, does it stop or does it run continuously?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I re-filled the base of the machine , switched it back on and left it to operate on the pre rinse cycle it sounded as though it had pumped out the water but there was no change in the lights on the control panel except the time display counted to zero and the low hum continued,

I now have to leave my desktop for three hours and expect to return around 15 00 hrs.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
Sorry, not sure what you mean by no change in the lights.
I need to know if the drain pump runs first, then stops.
When it stops, it should take in water.
If it stops, is then when you hear the low hum?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After switching off the machine I opened the door and Using a 3 pint saucepan baled two saucepans of water into the appliance, closed the door and switched it on (Still on pre rinse cycle). The counter registered 15, the machine pumped out the water and it sounded as though water was entering the motor pitch changed several times as the counter counted down to zero. I switched off and reopened the machine 2 minutes after zero on the display and the saucepan which I Had put in after baling in water was1/3rd full of cold water. Is the machine now serviceable?

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
I would suggest trying it on a full program and see what happens.
.
You've tried it on the rinse, try it on a hot program and let me know what you find.
.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You seem to be opening new questions instead of responding to this one.
.
Can you advise the sequence your machine went through when you tried it on the wash?
.