Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch Exell Maxx fridge-freezer freezes food too much in

My Bosch Exell Maxx fridge-freezer freezes food too much in the freezer compartment, and it ends up covered in frost. If I try to increase the temperature it reverts to a lower one. Also, recently, I have found water in the bottom of the fridge compartment. Any advice, please? Liz Grugeon.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please. Its usually on a sticker inside the fridge behind the salad box.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay - couldn't read it without a torch!

Does KGU3111646B/03 sound right? There was also FD8410 301754.

As well as the food icing up, I get ice on the outside of the top two freezer drawers. I did once take out the drawers, clear the ice and put them back again, but the ice returned within a week or so.

Thank you for your help. Liz.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you pull the appliance out a bit and look along the side of the freezer door is it shut fully so theres no gaps as this can cause the freezer to freeze up like this.

But if that's ok then im afraid you are looking at the control board. As these control boards control the temperature inside the appliance so if its getting to cold it can only be the control board at the top.

So to cure this the control board will need to be replaced and that should cure it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The door seal seems fine, but, embarrassingly I did find crumbs etc in it! which I've cleaned out.

If it's still freezing too much I'll have to bite the bullet and get the control board replaced.

Thank you for your help.