Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a bosch avantixx dishwasher which keeps leaving dirty

Customer Question

I have a bosch avantixx dishwasher which keeps leaving dirty particles on the dishes. I have removed the left side panel and can see a clear panel(matrix) with a series of channels and pipes and I can see the channels are clogged with dirt. How do I remove this part and clean it?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also the muck in the side tank wont have nothing to do with it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The model number is SMS40A02GB/03
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for that. The muck you see is in the drain section of the side tank so don't worry about they all go like that.

Are the spray arms turning proberly?

Set the dishwasher going on a cycle and turn the arm so they face front to back and set it going.

When its washing carfully open the door and see if the arms have moved. Try it a few times and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have already had all the arms off and cleaned them out and the filters, I have checked that there is no rubbish around the pump impeller and I have run the machine several times with cleaner in it and I have also the machine and placed bowls on all corners to check that water is flowing through the arms and it is. I have checked the inlet and outlet pipes and they are fine so the problem is internal. When I mentioned the matrix inside the left hand side of the machine I can see channels with lots and lots of dirt and muck in it that is why I asked the question.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok the dirt isn't anything to do with it as that's just the drain channel and all Bosch dishwasher have the same dirt in the same place.

Does it get hot during the wash cycle?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Having waited over 24 hours I don't mind waiting a bit longer
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Welcome and thank you for trusting your technical issue with Just Answer Pearl!
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
I have some questions for you in order to assist you the best way possible.
Thank you for your patience as these are technical issues:-)
How old is the dishwasher?
Also when you say particles, can you explain them?
Finally, are you sure the water entering the dishwasher is still hot enough, 160 degrees?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Micheal. Thanks for getting back to me - the dishwasher is 5 years old. The particles are just small pieces of dirt that is in certain areas over the cups on the top shelf. Hence previously I had made sure the top rotating arms was completely operating correctly and I also placed a small bowl in each corner of the top tray and ran a wash cycle to check that there was sufficient flow of water and that was all correct.The water is very hot and immediately after a wash cycle the crockery is too hot to handle and remove from the machine. Cheers Alan
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Alan, this is usually the drain pump or the drain line from the bottom or even where it connects to the sink.
I will help you with this. And its easy to do with only a few basic hand tools;-)
Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Tech Michael