Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi I have a Hoover Vision One dishwasher and it stopped working

Customer Question

Hi I have a Hoover Vision One dishwasher and it stopped working correctly yesterday. It starts to fill makes a noise like a pump straining for several minutes then beeps like crazy and the cycle light flashes continuously. Any ideas?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Also once its filled can you hear the wash motor kick in and spray the water around the appliance?

Or is it at this point you hear the straining noise?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hoover Vision One 6615 BL.

It sounds like it's initially spraying the water but then sounds quite straining? I removed the filter from the bottom and bailed out the water that was lying there hooked out some food waste but to be fair it was not a great deal. Poured in some dishwasher cleaner and some hot water then put it on 65 degree cycle with no baskets in it. It splashed around for a bit then went all bleepy on me after several minutes and just constantly flashed the red cycle light. The water seems to be pumping out ok because when I checked after the cleaning solution was added it was all gone bar a small amount in the bottom where the filter sits

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok when you pored the water into the dishwasher yourself and set it going did it sound normal then?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes mate
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok set it going normally yourself and when it makes the straining noise open the door and add a jug or water yourself in there and close the door and see if this makes it better.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok lol. I'm not actually at home at the mo as I am in the military and work away from home. I will get hold of the misses and get her to do it and get back to you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She's put it on and it appears to be splashing water around at the moment so I will wait to see if it does the bleepy thing again and get her to put more water in then, as thats the bit when it appears to be pumping the water out and then stopping

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok just see how that goes. How old is the appliance?

Has it been moved or anything like this recently?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its about 8 years old and not been moved in the last year.

She has put a jug of water in there after it started its bleeping again and that has not affected anything. Its still bleeping and not doing anything

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok when its beeping and the light is flashing count the number of flashes from the light in between the pause and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there is no pause its constant and very rapid

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok im afraid this is going to be a tough one to give an online answer without seeing it and being there to check it.

You may need a hands on tech to have a look at this for you sorry.

I will opt out now and if another expert can think of anything else on this they will jump in on this.

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To be honest I didn't exactly get value for money. I expected more than "what noise is it making now ...........sorry you may need to call somebody out!"

Just thinking about how to word my website feedback to tell you the truth
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello, did you want to wait to see if another expert can try to assist?