Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My zanussi jet system progress 1400 switches on but the programme

Customer Question

My zanussi jet system progress 1400 switches on but the programme buttons don't work and the door is locked. It was working fine yesterday
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not sure if this is it but awful 1437w
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok lets see what the error code is.

Turn the washer on and press and hold the start button and the reset button.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code will come up E??

Let me know the code.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Nothing is happening the display screen is dead
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok didn't relise the screen was totally dead.

What you need to do is pull the washer out and remove the top. From there you will see the control board on the side.

Take it off and remove the back cover. From there check for any signs of burning on there.

If so then the board will need to be replaced. But you may find the door lock is faulty as well and this is want causes the board to blow.

If this is the case then the board and the door lock needs to be replaced. Ive seen this fault quite a lot on these washers.

So check that board on the side and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I've done that and it doesn't appear to be burnt
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok is the on/off light still coming on when you press the button in?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes working perfectly
Expert:  Daniel replied 4 years ago.

Ok looking on the main board in the middle you will see a small blue wiring harness going to the front display board.

Pull this block out and give the end a gentel squess and refit the block and retry the washer and see how it goes from there.

If still the same then its proberly the main board. Even if theres not signs of burning it can still be faulty. As if theres no display its either the main board or the display board at fault.

But to be honest its very rare we replace the display board but we do replace loads of main boards. So if theres no power on the front then its looking like the main board at fault here sorry.