Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Indesit IWDC 6125 door is locked - it will not open even

Customer Question

My Indesit IWDC 6125 door is locked - it will not open even tho the cycle has finished, its drained. Ive cleaned the pump, checked the inlet hose everything is fine - except for the washing machine door not opening. Is there a manual way of opening it as my work uniform is stuck inside?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)
If you remove the top you should see the door release simply pull it to open the door.
Your may also have a small panel that will allow you unlatch the door with out removing the top:-)
Some do , some don't.
But this also is an indication that you need a new door lock mechanism.
You can get a new one from espares: 0844 9777 888.
they usually ship same day as well.
I will help you with the replacement if you need?
But Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Tech Michael