Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Electrolux ES1 602 dishwasher that I guess is about

Customer Question

I have an Electrolux ES1 602 dishwasher that I guess is about 10 years old and it won't empty of water, some has drained but there is still dirty water up to the element HELP!
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)
Hi this sounds like a clogged pump or more likely a clogged drain hose.
To fix this you will need to remove the hose from the drain under the sin, and make sure all is clear there, then let it drain into a large pot while you run the unit and make sure the water comes out forcefully.
Please let me know what you find there. I will stick with you because this could be something else as well but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

this hasn't worked what can I try next?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Karen, for trying that, is the hose clear all the way from one end to the other?
If so the problem is the drain pump is getting weak and will need to be replaced.
Its easy to do and I will help you with this.
You can get that pump from espares I have included their phone # for your convenience: 0844 9777 888.
I will help you every step if the way this task only requires a few basic hand tools.
But Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
Thank you Karen.
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't tell whether it is clear all the way through as I have very limited space and all I can tell is that the water is coming out of the hose but the water in the dishwasher isn't fully emptying. Where is the pump because there doesn't seem to be any where that I can see of getting into the bottom of the dishwasher and I can't pull it out because it is built in

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Karen, you will need to pull the dishwasher out to see the pump.
The other end of the hose is attached to it:-)
Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
Tech Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so unless I pull the dishwasher out I can't fix it? and I can't pull it out because it's fitted in...stuck again!

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.

Hi Karen, even if its fitted in it has to be removable for service.
usually there are a few screws in the top bracket that hold it in. But the only way to replace the pump or to even clean the drain line the unit will need to come out.
I wish I had better news for you but that is what needs to be done.
I will be here if you need me further.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks not fixed though I have looked at pumps and they are over £100 and as a new appliance is only just over £200 it seems to make sense just to buy a new one will have to wait until the sales now

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Karen, Please rate my service if I was at all helpful to you as I only receive credit for me time if you rate.
Tech Michael