Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

e6

Customer Question

e6
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)
How old is the dishwasher?
Also please finish what you were saying on there seems some of it got cut off lol.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Machine is about 3 years oil.

the display flashed an E6 error last night, all lights and indicators came on. I then turned it off at the switch and left it off for a while, turned the switch back on and then no lights came on. this morning i removed the base of it and opened the pump and removed 2 kernals of un-poped popcord from the pump. I put it back together and still no lights, I then turned the wall switch off again and held the power button on the washer down for 30 seconds and waited 5 min and powered it back on at the wall, there was still no lights.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dermot,

Please check the main breaker flip it off then back on to rule that out and let me know.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is turning the power on and off at the wall the same thing. I also checked the power going into the machine with a phase tester and there is power going into the machine.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi unfortunately the wall switch isn't the same.
The breaker may have gone out and also the wall switch doesn't kill all the power there.
Please turn off the breaker at the main for 5 full minutes then turn it back on, please if this works rate my service to you , if not, please simply reply as there more to do:-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

HI Michael.

There was no change when i turned off the breaker (i turned off the power o the whole house at the main breaker)

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Dermot,
unfortunately the problem is the main control board.
To fix this dishwasher you will need to replace that.
Its easy to replace and only requires a few basic hand tools:-)
I will assist you if you want to do this?
You can get that part from this company: Quinn Spares.

North: 028 71 329001
South: 057 93 51729

Mon-Fri 9am - 5.30pm
Saturday Closed
Sunday Closed
I will stick with you until this is repaired fully but Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael