Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

I have a creda concept c361e double oven the main oven is not

Customer Question

I have a creda concept c361e double oven the main oven is not heating hot enough the oven element seems to be ok How do I get at the main fan oven switch to check/replace it
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.
Hiya,
How hot is the oven getting?
When you set it to 200 degrees, does the temperature light come on?
Does the temperature light go off when the oven is hot?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The light comes on and goes off but the oven does not seem to reach the set 200 degrees
Expert:  Techdesk replied 2 years ago.

Hiya,
OK, thanks for that.
.
That would suggest a faulty thermostat rather than the switch.
However, it's possible it could be the cause.
.
I've copied the following from the service manual, it does cover your machine and a few others so the instructions should help you in getting to the switch and also changing of the thermostat if need be.
Read through the instructions, you don't have to do all of the following, just the parts relevant to the job you are trying to do.
.
1. ENSURE THAT THE COOKER IS DISCONNECTED FROM THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY BEFORE DISMANTLING.
2. BEWARE OF SHARP EDGES ON METAL OR PLASTIC PARTS.
.
1. SIDE PANELS
a. Remove the 3 screws from the front located through the side trim, top centre and bottom and the 3 screws at the rear.
b. Pull out and lift off panels.
.
2. CERAMIC GLASS TOP ONLY
To gain access to the Heating Elements, Regulators, Timer and Neons
a. Remove the 2 countersunk screws at the front left and right hand side of the ceramic hob trim and the 2 countersunk screws from the rear trim.
b. Remove the ceramic glass assembly by carefully pulling backwards and easing out of the control panel end caps.
.
3. HEATING ELEMENTS
The elements are located on heater supports and their location should be noted before the element is removed in order to ensure the correct position against the glass on reassembly.
.
4. REGULATORS, OVEN THERMOSTATS, TIMER & NEONS
a. Pull off all control knobs and timer buttons.
b. Remove the countersunk screws from under the control panel grille and 2 retaining the end caps to the controls mounting panel. Carefully remove the control panel glass, end case and the control panel bottom trim as an assembly by easing backwards off the side panel trims.
c. Remove the control panel rear cover, 1 screw each side of the controls mounting panel.
d. The regulators, oven and grill thermostats can now be accessed by removing the 2 screws
locating the control to the controls mounting panel. If the oven or grill thermostat is to be replaced, it will be necessary to remove the left hand side panel as in (1) above in order to withdraw the capillary phial from its location in the oven cavity. If the main oven thermostat is to be replaced, the fan oven inner rear panel will also need to be removed.
e. The timer is remove by proceeding as in 2a & b and 4a & b. It will be necessary to remove the disc supports on either side of the timer in order to make adequate clearance to unclip and withdraw the timer sufficiently to allow access to the wiring connections.
f. The neons are located mounted on a bracket below the top and main oven control.
.
.
Check it out, see how you get on and get back to me if you need more help.

.
Hope this helps