drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 15 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

Hi, I have a Scotsman Ace icemaking machine which stopped making

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Scotsman Ace icemaking machine which stopped making ice for a while but seems to have started again. There is a pool of water in the machine however which I would like to empty. Is there a plug to release this water or how do I do it?

Susan, Ireland
Expert:  drcool299 replied 3 years ago.

drcool299 :

Hello Susan, can I have the complete model number please? Where does the pool of water exactly located? Can you described it further please? Usually, if there is a plug, you would not miss it at the bottom of this place. How ever, if there is no plug, then I would suggest that you can just use dry rugs or paper towels and absorb the water on where it is. Just unplug the unit first because it could be near a rotating fan blade or a very hot discharge pipe which can hurt you.