Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Morning. I have an AEG F55002V1OP dishwasher purchased a

Customer Question

Morning.

I have an AEG F55002V1OP dishwasher purchased a few months ago. Last night it leaked around the door so we opened it up when we saw it about 10 mins into the cycle. I drained it manually and removed the all in one tab, cleaned the filters and door seals and closed the door. The cycle continued with no leaks so we went to bed. When I got up the next morning the machine was still running with 1 displayed and the lights still on. I have swithced the power off etc but each time I switch it on the same is displayed each time. Any ideas what the fault is before I call an engineer out?

Thanks,

Steve Dudman.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,
When it leaked and you checked it, was there a lot of foam inside?
.
When you try to use it, is the drain pump running all the time?
(If you aren't sure, check if it's empty, if it is, pour water in and see if it's pumped out).

Is it a free standing or integrated machine?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There was lots of foam yes.

I am not at home now. There is water in the bottom.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, is it free standing or integrated?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi. It is integrated. I have just remembered that when I plumbed it in there was a filter on the drain pipe which I hadn't come across on my previous dishwashers. Could the problem be that that could be clogged?

Thanks, Steve.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
No, lots of foam inside has been the likely cause.
.
The foam spills over into the base and then turns back into water.
This in turns activates the anti flood device, giving you the fault you have.
.
You need to access the base of the machine to remove the water, or, let the water evaporate until the anti flood device resets. (no idea how long it would take to evaporate, it depends on the extent of the spillage).
.
As the machine is new, you shouldn't take panels off, you may invalidate your warranty.
.
You could, if you can, take the machine out, disconnect it from the services and then tip it rearward till it's almost on it's back.
You should be able to drain the spilled water that way.

.
Once it's all drained, you'll be able to use the machine again.
.
Check it out, see what you find and get back to me.

.
Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that Rob, I will give it a try, but cannot do this until tomorrow. Just for info, any ideas why so much foam and how it can escape into the base. The filters were not really clogged up and the door seals were fairly clean.

Thanks, Steve.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
The foam can come from an item with washing up liquid on it, spillage of rinse aid, using rinse aid and all in 1 tablets together.

The seal doesn't actually seal the machine, that's why you had water coming out, as it comes out, it can get into the base as, again, it's not sealed.

I'm Fred, your question came into the open board so I would imagine Rob wasn't online when you posted.
.

Just post when you can to let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Top man Fred.

Will let you know.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
You're welcome.