Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Dear Sir The ignition on all hobs has suddenly started sparking

Customer Question

Dear Sir
The ignition on all hobs has suddenly started sparking at a rate of about one a second. I did not use the ignition button and we have turned the power on and off. The sparking still continues even if the hobs are lit. We have pressed the ignition button a few time to see if it is stuck nut it seems to be normal.
Help!
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)

Hi This is usually the ignition button. Although I have seen the module fail in this way as well.
But in almost every one I have worked on the problem was a bad contact in the switch that stuck in the on position.
Here is where you can get a replacement switch, espares, I have included their phone # for your convenience: 0844 9777 888

I will help you change this part, it is easy and only requires a few basic hand tools as well;-)
Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael