Homebuilder Jay
Homebuilder Jay, Customer Service
Experience:  Sales and field experience.
14716023

Bosch Washing machine MAXX 9 The door does not open despite

Customer Question

Bosch Washing machine MAXX 9
The door does not open despite operating the emergency release mechanism.
We have turned the machine off at the mains. We have tried holding the power switch to deactivate the child lock.

Please help.

Expert:  Homebuilder Jay replied 3 years ago.
Were you able to get the door open? If not, will it open with the emergency release mechanism?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It didn't

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The door has not opened. We switched off and unplugged and waited for 2 hours for the reset but that didnt make any difference.

The emergency release doesnt work either.

Do you have the model number?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WAP28360GB/01

FD9110 2000001

Is there a child lock on this that we might have inadvertently activated?

The manual does not mention a child lock.

A couple possiblities is that a safety function has been activated or that the spin setting is set to "Rinse Hold". To deactivate a safety feature you have to select rinse under the program feature and then press the start button.

Please try this and let me know what the result is. If unsuccessful, we will move on to the next option.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tried that, and the machine just went through a rinse cycle

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unsuccessful

Those steps should have cleared any safety feature that would have been accidentally set. Everything is pointing to a locking mechanism failure, since even the emergency release mechanism is not functioning.

You are going to need a service technician to come and run some diagnostics to determine where the fault is and replace the locking mechanism if determined to be necessary.

Unfortunately, not physically being on-site prevents me from providing anything more than some troubleshooting ideas. However, I do believe that we have pin-pointed what needs to be repaired.