Techdesk
Techdesk, Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK
13782322

Lemona dishwasher model HJA8362 gets hot on a no heat rins

Customer Question

Lemona dishwasher model HJA8362 gets hot on a no heat rinse
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
After the wash, when it's on drying mode, does the heater remain on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks for your reply

the setting on the machine is a rinse no heat but when you open the door at the finish of the setting inside the machine is hot

Malcolm

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
I need you to check what happens on a full wash.
I'm trying to determine the cause and need to know if the heater remains on during the drying period.
It shouldn't be on then, drying is achieved by residual heat from the final rinse.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The full wash setting seems to be OK it is the setting for a rinse only and the setting states no heat but when it is finished it is hot inside

This machine is my sons he has replaced it with an identical new machine and on the " rinse only no heat " the new machine dose not get hot inside after the setting

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.
Hiya,
OK, without testing and knowing for sure what is happening, I'd guess that you have a faulty control board where it's supplying power to the heater when it shouldn't.
.
Replacing the control board should cure this fault.
.
You could try swapping control boards to see if the fault goes onto your son's machine.
.
If it doesn't, then you are getting heat during the drying phase and I'd be looking at the wiring and pressure switch.
.
Hope this helps