Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

i have a S14-39 washing machine, put a wash on last night it

Customer Question

i have a S14-39 washing machine, put a wash on last night it now wont let me open the door to get clothes out ? help !
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)
Hi, this is a bad door lock mechanism. it will need to be replace I will help you get that and help you replace it.
But the way to get the machine open without further damage. Is, remove the top rear screws of the top cover.Then the top will slide back slightly and lift off.
Now look where the lock is, for a cord to pull, try this to open the door, but push on the door while pulling. Pleas let me know if that works for you, also if you need to, you can locate the catch this way also and using your finger or a small screwdriver you can pop the catch back enough to open the door:-)
I will stick with you until we have this fixed and its an easy repair as well with only a few basic hand tools needed. Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Tech Michael