Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I used the pyrolytic clearner last night and it did not go

Customer Question

I used the pyrolytic clearner last night and it did not go off automatically. I reset everything this morning and now the turkey is in and the door wont open and I think it has gone in the cleaner cycle again. Trying to avoid a burn offering for dinner. Any suggestions?
POD
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Hello there,

It may be a little difficult to find an expert over the Christmas period, of course.

Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.

Adam

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still have the problem. I did manage to turn off the cooker and was able to take the turkey out - fortunately I have a second cooked and we managed to have dinner yesterday!

I have a Baumatic Model B0638SS Multifunction self-cleaning pyrolytic build in oven. When the cleaning is complete there is meant to be a signal that the cleaning is complete. This did not happen but I turned everything to zero. When I turned on the cooker yesterday morning the cleaner started again and I again turned all the zero, waiting for the oven to cool down and turned on again and when hot put the turkey on. Realised that the door was locked and turkey cooking at 500 degrees! Turned all off and eventually was able to open door.

I should be able to contact the store where I purchased the cooker tomorrow so if you do not find an answer I will try elsewhere.

POD

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

If you decide on a refund, or wish to keep the credit for a future question, then of course we'd honour it.

Adam

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)
How old is the cooker?
What you can try is turn power off at the mains and wait 15 minutes then try this again and see if you press an hold the unlock button if it will clear?
Please if this works please rate well:-)
If not please don't rate yet simply reply to me with what the cooker does then.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The cooker is 3 years old. Do not use it very often and have only used the cleaning once before. Will try what you suggest tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

POD

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Thank you, sounds good.
This can happen to any of the cookers unfortunately.
But we will help you fix this.
Tech Michael