Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My saeco hd8769 keeps indicating that the hopper tray is not

Customer Question

My saeco hd8769 keeps indicating that the hopper tray is not inserted when it is. Water flows first and then the red hopper light comes on and nothing else will work.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for trusting Just Answer / Pearl with your questions.
Please have patience as these are technical issues and the more information you can supply us the quicker we can solve your issue:-)
You can try tipping the machine and tapping on it for a bit to see if that clears the issue.
How old is the Grinder?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi - I tried doing that, the machine is brand new so this happened the first time I inserted the hopper. Any ideas at all?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi Tom, yes, If this seems like an issue with the guide not allowing the hopper back in fully, I would exchange this because its brand new and you should have a working unit day one:-)
We could likely talk you through clearing the issue but there may also b other issues especially if the unit was accidentally dropped etc.
But we can go any route you would like with this.
Please keep in mind though, if you do decide to try to fix this, once you open it up the warranty will be void:-(
I will stick with you on this until this is rectified on e way or another:-) But Since this may take some time, if you will rate me in a positive fashion before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Tom.
Tech Michael