KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

Valliant ecoplus 428 boiler packed up Xmas day as all cooking

Customer Question

Valliant ecoplus 428 boiler packed up Xmas day as all cooking going on. Noticed gas pressure also down on cooker. When pressure back up later in afternoon, boiler did not switch on. Switched electrics off for several hours, switched back on. Still not fired up. Display shows F22 boiler 2years old never had any probs previous and boiler serviced each year Ta
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

Hope you are doing fine

KevinWhiteJA :

F.22 error means Dry fire. Too little water in the appliance, water pressure sensor defective, cable to pump or water sensor defective, pump blocked or defective, pump output too low...you need more water in the boiler

KevinWhiteJA :

5:48 PM

Hope you are doing fine

5:49 PM

KevinWhiteJA :

This error is usually caused due to low pressure

JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : How do i increase water pressure?
KevinWhiteJA :

There are two taps underneath...you have to open the left one first and then the right one....the tap on the left allows water to come from the mains up to the boiler the one on the right allows the water to enter the boiler

KevinWhiteJA :

Turn both of them on, let it fill up for not for long but make sure that it rises to 2 before you close them

KevinWhiteJA :

It should start working straight away...let me know how it goes...I'll wait

KevinWhiteJA :

Is it working ?

KevinWhiteJA :

I can see you have stepped out of this chat....please let me know if you need any more help and if that worked

JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : Sorry to take time getting back, had to go and get some tools to remove casing. My vaillant, the Ecotec plus 428 does not have two pipes underneath. The two pes going in are at the side near the top. One has a bleed nipple but that is it, no taps. I am stuck til tomorrow if you are going to say bleed that one nipple as I will need to get a flexi tube and 10or 11mm ring spanner. The tube to stop the water going all over the electrics, ta
KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry I have just received half of the message that you have sent

KevinWhiteJA :

have you received my message ?

JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : Yes butmy boiler does not have 2 taps
KevinWhiteJA :

Please check this Video .... it tell you what to do...let me know if you still need any assistance, I am willing to help you

JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : Hi, the Valliant ecotec plus 428 does not have those taps. The water pipes enter and exit via the side at the top and do not have taps, just one small bleed screw. In additon, the model does not have the timer and pressure dial shown on the right as you look at it. It only has the digital rectangular screen on the left with the buttons underneath. I am wondering if it is the pump as I cannot hear it whirring in cupboard upstairs. Ta
KevinWhiteJA :

The video was sent just to give you an idea of what has to be done :)...basically that is the only way to increase the pressure...let me know if you have already tried with those side pipes ?

JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : The feed and return side pipes at top/side have just the one small nipple on one and bleeding makes no difference. i have also cleaned out the 'magnatec', which was not very dirty, b
JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : ed that and no difference. The only way i can see it getting pressure is from the pump, having traced it back and as I say, that is not making any noise ta
KevinWhiteJA :

Ok just here with my fellow experts...you are right Ecotec comes in two models: Ecotec pro and Ecotec Plus...On the plus model the filling loop is directly under the boiler. The filling loop should be disconnected after use, so you might need to re connect one end. Increase the pressure to just over 1 bar when the system is cold. If the problem is still there after doing all this then check it for possible leaks...let me know if you need more help..

JACUSTOMER-oupqeyuo- : Hi, i went out and bought a new pump and fitted that which cured the problem. Regards
KevinWhiteJA :

OK...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :) Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...Thanks