KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Worked on appliances for more than 15 years
70193065

My cda wc360 dishwaher has a fault. Each time you close the

Customer Question

My cda wc360 dishwaher has a fault. Each time you close the door the alarm beeps continuously and the start green light flashes twice over and over.

What triggered the fault was a blockage in the pipework under he sink next to the dishwasher - however this is cleared. I've cleared the filter at the bottom of the dishwasher - the dishwasher is clear of water and everything is as clean as a whistle - it's almost like the dishweasher is stuck in the programme and needs resetting. I've tried all the obvious like selecting a new programme and switching the washer off altogether (including at the wall but no luck).

Any ideas?
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 years ago.

KevinWhiteJA :

KevinWhiteJA :

How old is the unit?

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

3 years

KevinWhiteJA :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

so the green light flashes twice and then stops and then flashes twice again and so on

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

yes correct

KevinWhiteJA :

Do you also hear a beeping sound ?

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

yes it bleeps - only way of stopping it is to turn it off. The dishwasher also makes a sound like it is working but then stops after a minute of so - the bleeping continues.

KevinWhiteJA :

This is a water leak error...If you have also checked the base plate located below the sump for over spill of water and if you have also cleaned then there is a float switch located at the bottom....

KevinWhiteJA :

try to check that there is no water in this area

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

i removed the kitchen heel board to access the base of the dishwasher - there was no sign of water. Where is the sump and float located?

KevinWhiteJA :

The float switch is located in the base of the dishwasher

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

ok - do you mean beneath the mesh filter? what does it look like?

KevinWhiteJA :

it is just a small switch...checking if I have a image that I can show you

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

ok

KevinWhiteJA :

sorry no image...

KevinWhiteJA :

are you sure everything is cleaned at the bottom of the unit ?

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

yes it looks clear - i could send you a picture if you like - just a small puddle of clear water inside where the microfilter sits

KevinWhiteJA :

what about the area underneath the base plate? Is it also clean ?

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

the area underneath the base plate / dishwasher looks clear - a stupid question but do i need to take the base plate off? there is a white hexagonal piece in the centre of iot that looks like it needs an alun key to remove it?

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes sorry for being not clear...you have to take it off

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

ok 1 minute please

KevinWhiteJA :

sure no problem

KevinWhiteJA :

You can also try to pour boiling water on the sump bowel and then carefully you need to use an old tooth brushes and give this a scrub. But not to hard as it will damage the membrane on it.

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

i'm very sorry - can you define the base plate please. I started to use the alun key but that was for the height adjust - not to remove a panel.

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

i've already poured in boiling water not used old tooth brushes though

KevinWhiteJA :

Ok try this and let me know what happens.

KevinWhiteJA :

First unplug it for 2 minutes then plug it back after 2-3 minutes

KevinWhiteJA :

After you have plugged it back

KevinWhiteJA :

Select the first cycle which should be the rinse.

Then turn machine off.

Then press and hold the start button and then with this pressed in turn machine on.

Keep start button pressed in till the start light is flashing then let go.

Now press the start button once and close the door.

KevinWhiteJA :

Now the machine will run a test cycle which is about 12 minutes long.

If it picks up a fault what will happen is the machine will drain the water out and start beeping.

KevinWhiteJA :

Open the door and start light will flash...count number of flashes and let me know

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

believe it or not i've already tried that - i found it in a chat forum - i'll give it a clean with the tooth brush a try that sequence

KevinWhiteJA :

Yes that is diagnostic mode for this model number

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

still the same - it drains water out - then shuts of but continues beeping with the light flashing twice

KevinWhiteJA :

ok...draining water means the drain pump assembly is fine and it is the float switch that has to be replaced

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

where is the float switch - can you explain what it looks like for me

KevinWhiteJA :

I am saying this as everything is clean and the drain hose has also been cleaned ....this is how the float looks like

KevinWhiteJA :

That is just an example and is not for your model number

KevinWhiteJA :

In your dishwasher as I said earlier it is located beneath the sump at the bottom of the unit

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

ok - any idea how a blockage would have caused the float switch to malfunction?

KevinWhiteJA :

When the water runs into the base plate it activates the float switch which tells the dishwasher that there is a problem and so the light flashes twice...I believe it might have been caused due to leak...if cleaning the area near the sump won't solve the issue then you have to replace the switch as the drain pump is working fine

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

Is there anything else i can try or is this a call out#

KevinWhiteJA :

Well, as said that is the only reason this issue is caused....I mean the control seems fine and so does everything else...the error indicates water leak...if you want you can check the heater as well but I think it is nothing to do with that

KevinWhiteJA :

Let me know your thoughts...I am still waiting for your reply

JACUSTOMER-sl620nzi- :

ok i'll arrange a call out - thanks

KevinWhiteJA :

You're welcome...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :) Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...I am willing to help..

KevinWhiteJA :

Did that work ? Do you need more assistance with the problem ?...you can get back to me if you need any assistance and I will help with no additional charges....Excellent feedback is appreciated if you are satisfied with my assistance :) Please don't rate the solution till the time you are completely satisfied...