Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

oil fired AGA making continuous putting noises and has large

Customer Question

oil fired AGA making continuous putting noises and has large yellow flame. Was recently serviced.Any suggestions?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Good morning, this sounds like the regulator or the unit in need of a professional cleaning.
May I have the full model # so I can assist you properly?
Also how old is the unit?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry I didn't get back on Friday. After contacting you I got in touch with my oil supplier who came out to test the fuel. He thought the colour of the sample wasn't quite right. The tank was drained and pipes flushed out and refilled with fresh fuel. AGA was then restarted. Bingo! Problem appears to be solved. Contaminated fuel seems to have been the problem.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Yep that wold do it as well.
The oil can get gunked a bit and it will pop and spit because the pupm cant pull the fuel too well.
I'm happy they got that fixed for you.
Have a happy new year!
Tech Michael