Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have an Insinkerator Waste Unit and the magnetised handle

Customer Question

I have an Insinkerator Waste Unit and the magnetised handle device does not seem to work. Can I do anything or is it a plumbers jub.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Good morning, may I have the full model number of the Insinkerator?
Also please explain, is the unit not functioning at all?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its an Insinkerator Evolution and it does not function at all when I slot in the magnetisedcover in the sink.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Tony, these can be tricky but likely the automatic switch is all that needs to be replaced.
It would be best on this one to have a plumber do this for you but he should be able to do this for you in less than an hour:-)
I will stick with you if you want to replace the switch yourself or want to order the part yourself. You would still save money if you have the new switch.
I can let you know where to order that part if you like?
Since this question may continue for some time, if you will rate my service as good or better
before you close this window, the system here will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you
so your question won't close or time out and you can contact me anytime at no additional cost.
Thank you and have a great day Tony;-)
Tech Michael